Halcyon2

My names Brandon and I’m looking to join this great group. I have a few friends here and been missing them. I can’t really play star citizen at the moment, building a new pc in December. I’ve been a backer of SC since 2014 or 2015.

2 Likes

I can do the mumble meeting tonight, I’m at work at the moment.

Hey, welcome! Can’t wait to pay with you once your new computer get’s in. An old backer like you must have some pretty cool ships.

2 Likes

Welcome to ADI! What kinda of computer you looking to build? I need to get my computer upgraded here shortly with the way Star Citizen is moving. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m sure you’ll have a great time, and we have good resources to help you get a PC going, even on a budget. Welcome to ADI.

2 Likes

I have 1 the dinky starter ship lol. I’m gonna buy a carrack for myself for Christmas thou lol

My friends going to build it. Local guy in Memphis

Welcome to ADI!
I got.my pc this time last year in the sales. I hope all.goea well and that we see you soon.

1 Like

Welcome to ADI! It’s always good to hang with friends, both old and new :slight_smile: As for your computer, you will be surprised what it takes to play (for reference, I use an i3 8th gen, with a 1060 and 32 gb of ram. Not the most powerful, but it’s definitely playable :slight_smile: ) Enjoy that Carrack when you get it. It’s a wonderful ship. See you in the verse!

1 Like

Welcome to ADI Halcyon. I’m glad you joined the team. Who are your buds? Are they in M&S? Are you?

1 Like

Ah there’s quite a few to be honest. I was in ADI years ago so I have many friends here lol. I don’t remember what I was in before thou. It’s just good to be back.

Welcome Back @brandon_halcyon! Glad you have returned. Hope to see you on once your computer is built.

1 Like

Welcome to the Org, Brandon. I’m right there with you in needing a new computer. Mine’s been on order for 8 weeks. I’ll be the guy in the verse with the 18 FPS…for now.
See you out there,
Herk.

2 Likes

Welcome to ADI @brandon_halcyon!

I feel you, 3.11 ended my run on my last PC, lasted over 10 years and still played the game well, but technology advances and CGI told us that it is no longer welcome to play the game. All good and upgraded now. =)

Shopping for PC parts is a fun experience though! There is a channel in Discord if you need to bounce ideas for what to get, many knowledgeable people lurk there.

Hope to see you around and then in the game in December!

1 Like

Ya I have a guy that’s local who builds them and I’m just gonna get him to build it lol. Can’t wait to game with y’all too

cool! my wifes cousin built mine first on a website he uses, and told me where to go and buy the parts; then he came over for dinner and assembled it. was a year or so ago ; time to begin upgrading :wink:

2 Likes

Welcome @brandon_halcyon!
I have some experience in building my own PC if you need anything feel free to pm me in or in Discord or come find me on mumble and ill try and help!

2 Likes