Greetings, Bonjo Here!

GREETINGS ADI!!!

I have recently returned from a long hiatus from SC and seeking to return back and join a well organized group of like minded gamers seeking to enjoy this game to its maximum potential!

I am 28 years old, currently living in FL after a forced military move from VA. I have been in the Navy for 11 years and counting down the 9 short years to retirement :smiley:. I originally backed this game during its kickstarter days but left it along shortly after that. In the mean time I played a lot of Warthunder, FPS, and a few single player titles. I am looking forward relearning SC and exploring all the updates they have made to it since I left. My main focus is going to be in commerce and bounty hunting.

Outside of gaming I enjoy woodworking, crafting, and whisky drinking :wink:. Please post anything you would be willing to learn about me, I tend to be an open book. I can be opinionated and straightforward as wellā€“in the good ways :smiley:.

Hope to see you all on soon.

Cheers!

Bonjo, nice to meet you, I enjoy woodworking and leather crafting as well. waiting for the days my kiddoā€™s will leave the tools aloneā€¦

not to much to relearning SC, they messed up some of the flight then reverted it basically. So itā€™s 1/2 arcade like again with the ā€œhummingbirdā€ ships again. Some cool ships and features this week hope you get to fly some of them.

Welcome @Bonjo , glad to have you. If there is one thing I can always agree on, itā€™s that there is NOTHING wrong with enjoying a whisky :upside_down_face: . What kind of games are you into in the FPS genre? I only ask because Iā€™ve been known to enjoy me some FPS games, so Iā€™m always interested to see what other players are playing. Getting back into SC is always fun after long breaks because a lot tends to change between sessions. Iā€™m kind of in one of those breaks now, but if you ever see me in a channel on Mumble, feel free to pop in and say hi / join whatever game (if itā€™s one you play).

Welcome @Bonjo

It was good chatting with you the other day in mumble. Look forwards to playing with you in the verseā€™!

Welcome Bonjo! Glad to have you with us here at ADI, you picked the right org to call home with active and experienced members to enjoy the Verse. Hope to fly with you soon!

SC has come a long way, As a returning player I think you will be happy with the state of things.
Plenty of things to do in the verse with a good group of org mates. Welcome

Hi Bonjo, Welcome back to ADI. SC has change a lot in the last year if you need any help just ask in discord or on mumble. Hope to see you flying with us in the verse soon.

Welcome to ADI and thank you for your service. I hope you can appreciate a single malt like I can. Itā€™s good to have you on the team. I look forward to running ops with you.

Great to have you with us Bonjo! You are among many who have done as you have. Youā€™ll find quickly that we will get you up to speed and you picked an excellent time to get back into SC.

Iā€™m a scotch guy myself but Iā€™m always willing to try a good whiskey. Blunt and open book are good things here. Welcome to ADI and see you in the verse.

Hello Bonjo. Good to have you in the team and thanks for joining atlas defense industries. But first and foremost, have a fine time in the verse

Welcome back to Star Citizen Bonjo youā€™ve certainly chosen an interesting time and the opportunity to grab whatever ship your heart desires for a price. Also good to know we have another whiskey drinker among us! So welcome to Atlas and feel free to ask for help or if youā€™ve questions in mumble, discord, or in the forums here.

Cole,

Nice to meet ya! I completely understand my son is 2 y/o and constantly up in my shit! Got any projects your working on now?

/r,

Bonjo

Mendu,

I am into RTS, Survival, FPS, and general single player titles as well. In FPS specifically, I enjoy Battlefield, PUBG, and EFT to name a few. I have never really liked fully arcade twitch shooters all that much i.e. Overwatch. How about you?

1 Like

Thank you all for the welcoming messages! I hope everyoneā€™s holidays went well and are looking forward to the continuation of festivities later this month :smiley:

It is a relief to hear that reintegration to the 'verse wont be as hard as I thought they wouldā€™ve been.

To all my whisky lovers, what is your current preferred drink? Ive been on a bourbon kick for the past 2 years and my top favs are Bulliet 10 Yr (white label), Makers 46, and 1792!!

Hey @Bonjo, sorry I missed your reply somehow. Iā€™ve been playing a lot of Ring of Elysium (which is basically silly PUBG). Iā€™ve played a lot of PUBG in the past, though I did play a shameful amount of Overwatch as well. Iā€™m also really on the Mechwarrior Online / Mechwarrior 5 bandwagon (speaking of non twitch shooters). Iā€™ve been getting a huge kick out of them.
-edited for clarity-

@Mendu, Oh I have to link up with you. I have been wondering how MW5 is. I have heard conflicting things.

Weclome Bonjo,

I come from a Boomer family in which my father served 20 years in the Navy as a nuclear submarine ETC chief. Good to see other members of the service join us. There are many ships in SC, especially the large ones, that are reminiscent of naval warships.

The game has come pretty far in 3.7 definite reach out if you want to experiment with some of the ships that the org can spawn with you or if you need a rundown of some of the changes. Good to have you aboard.

@Bonjo, Iā€™m usually on Mumble from about 2200 CT till 0300ish CT. Feel free to pop on, Iā€™d be happy to chat with you about MW (in general lol). If your schedule doesnā€™t line up with that, feel free to PM me any time.