900p part 2 or where to spend the $

[attachment=0]Screenshot (46).png[/attachment]

Hia,
Thought I would do some testing, recorded a 45 min session spawned a starfarer, and did a trade run to planet etc, and try to record memory, pagefile etc, using windows performance manager, I had left my page file on the C drive the 960 pro
some system specs firstly 8700k 5ghz, 32GB of DDR4 3000, 1080ti, samsung 960 pro, and the 900p , rather than go through all the graph etc i managed to get a screen shot of what i could create in terms of peak demand on system.

TLDR the page file were not in use at all, so placement didnt matter, IMHO. and the most performance enhancing is memory with peak usage at 16.2 GB ,9.3 in standby, and 7GB free, disk access times, or load didnt seem to require the 900p, over the 960 pro, but lows of memory seems the ticket, my advice spend cash in memory

In the other thread we came to the same conclusion that there was no real benefit of a 900p over other SSDs for the purpose of running Star Citizen.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14568
For that matter, I’ve experimented with moving Star Citizen between a 950 Pro (NVMe) and 850 EVO (sata) and if there was a gain in game it was so little as to be obscured by other factors such as server load. IMO, the ONLY reason to buy a 900p for Star Citizen is for the Raven, as you can then sell the drive to offset the cost.

As for the money being better spent on RAM, I’d agree if you have less than 16GB. However with the current price of RAM and the heavy CPU demand of the game, if there is room to improve your single core performance I’d go with a CPU upgrade first. For example I have an i5-6600 on a Z170 board. I could buy i5-8600k and a Z370 board for around $400 and sell the old CPU/board for ~ $200 and potentially gain around 10fps in-game.

All this said, I’m waiting on Star Citizen 3.1 to see what performance gains there are, since that is a focus of the build. Then I’ll decide where to go in upgrading my rig.

Totally, agree,
The way the memory / graphic card market is at the moment, processor upgrades look, like great value for money !

PS by the time 3.1 gets here we will see more on the 8 core intel stuff on z390,

For information about specific software titles, you could search the
the trademarks at the US Patent & Trademark Office. They have an
advanced search query that may be able to sort by your subject
(computer game software), however this is used by Patent and Trademark
attorneys and will require some learning of structure.

For information about specific software titles, you could search the
the trademarks at the US Patent & Trademark Office. They have an
advanced search query that may be able to sort by your subject
(computer game software), however this is used by Patent and Trademark
attorneys and will require some learning of structure.